Personalised Employment Pass: A More Flexible Singapore Work Visa For High Income Foreign Professionals

As a high income earning foreign professional, you can apply for a personalised employment pass (PEP). It will give you plenty of flexibility to scout for the best available opportunity since the PEP is not tied down to any company in particular. You are allowed to continue staying in Singapore for up to 6 months in between jobs so you can better evaluate your employment choices.

The PEP is a significant upgrade on the Employment Pass (EP) as it is not necessary to re-apply for a new pass when you switch employers. All you need to do is to notify the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

In general, there are no limitations on the type of work you can apply for, except to comply with the necessary requirements for practice in certain specialised trades, such as law, medicine etc.

Who Is Eligible For PEP?

You can apply for a PEP if you are:

  • An overseas professional with a last drawn salary of S$18,000 minimum per month. This must be within the last 6 months from the date of your application.
  • An EP holder drawing a fixed salary of S$12,000 minimum per month.

Do note that you are disallowed from setting up a business while you are on PEP. If you have the intent to do so, you should apply for an Entrepass instead.

Can My Family Members Come Over?

Yes, they can. You can either apply Dependent’s Pass (DP) or Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) for them to come over to Singapore with you.

How Long Is The PEP Valid For?

The PEP issued has a validity of up to 3 years. Take note that the PEP is non-renewable. After expiration, if you wish to continue working in Singapore, you may then apply for an EP or S-pass.

Important Things To Note

As a PEP holder, you need to notify the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) of any changes in your employment status, salary etc. You need to take note of any changes of the things listed below and notify MOM.

  • Any change in employer or employment status
    • To notify MOM within 7 days
  • Any change in local person’s contact details
    • To notify MOM within a week
  • Declaration of annual salary
    • Declaring annual salary to MOM at the end of every calendar year (30 days grace period)
  • Any change in the residential address
    • Updating MOM of your new address within 2 weeks of changing home address
  • Any changes in personal particulars
    • Any changes to your passport, name or marital status have to be updated with MOM.

How Do I Apply For PEP

The time needed for the application to be processed will take an average of 8 weeks. When it is approved, you will receive an in-principle approval letter via email. After which, you have to come to Singapore within 6 months to have the pass issued.

If you would like to secure your PEP, talk to our team today. We will guide you through the entire process and also apply passes for your family members as well.


Download the Telegram app and follow us for the latest updates: